Statistics show that only one in 11 manage to keep to their New Years Resolutions in the UK. Under half break theirs within a fortnight blaming willpower. So how do you manage to set achievable New Years Resolutions without breaking them? These tips may help you achieve your goal. You need to:
1. have a vision for what you truly want and not for what you think you should have, like to have. It has to be something that will excite, inspire, motivate you, make you really want to do it. Your vision has to be your own, not someone else’s or one that has been chosen for you.
2. have strong reasons to push yourself to take the necessary action to achieve this vision.
3. review your vision daily, feel it, experience it and you need to consistently identify with it.
4. share your vision with others, with someone you can trust so that you can count on their support and encouragement to follow it through, especially, during those moments when you are on the verge of giving up.
5. hold yourself to a higher standard. Demand more of yourself and raise the bar.
6. chunk your vision down into manageable pieces.
8. reward yourself for having achieved it. Have something to look forward to once you have got what you want!
So to get you going, here are 4 simple steps:
1. Think about what area in your life you would like to make changes in. Be honest with yourself.
2. Write down all the things which are holding you back from achieving success in this area.
3. What do you ‘really’ want to achieve?
4. What would you need to do differently in order to achieve your goal?
Make next year count. And remember life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.